Passport to Art

This challenge blog will remain available indefinitely. The linky tool is now closed and the comments box removed.
However if you wish to share your work the Facebook group is still open.

Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 14: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening



Quote
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.           Albert Camus


Bible Verse
I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice,   Proverbs 8:20


Inspiration
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening   Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sounds the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


Journaling
What responsibilities do you have to return to that prevents you from whiling away time with your interests or just enjoying the scenery?

Technique Challenge
Find a way to add texture to your journal page.
Here are some ideas.

Or try texture stamping with gesso
Put gesso onto your page and press a clean rubber stamp into it.  Clean the stamp immediately.
or
Lightly smear gesso onto a rubber stamp and press it on to your page.   Clean the stamp immediately. 

Today's PDF can be downloaded here.

Please share your page or blog post using the linky.  It is so encouraging for all of us to see what other people do with the prompts and the techniques.